Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: A boat anchor, or what did I buy here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    A boat anchor, or what did I buy here?

    Well I got curious and placed a bid on this and won, thinking it might be an Western Electric amp......The starting bid was at $9.99....

    WESTERN COMPANY CODE # RA 1567 E SERIAL # 255 - eBay (item 220418607922 end time May-27-09 08:19:26 PDT)


    Lemme know what I have here and how I did.......


    Thanks,



    -chris

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: A boat anchor, or what did I buy here?

    It appears to be a power supply for the Westrex 3D StereoDisk System: AES E-Library: The Westrex 3D StereoDisk System

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A boat anchor, or what did I buy here?

    Lol!!,
    Well I guess I should've asked ... oh well..

    I tried doing a google search and came up blank,,, man GM,, you get to the info fast......I tried a few parameters, we 1567,, westrex 1567 etc.....

    Looks like I will have a nice static display to put up on the mantel,


    Thanks,


    -chris

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: A boat anchor, or what did I buy here?

    Well, it looked like a power supply, so Googled for one and got lucky on the first 'hit': [ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=FHP&q=WESTREX+RA+1567+power+suppl y&btnG=Search"]WESTREX RA 1567 power supply - Google Search[/ame]

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A boat anchor, or what did I buy here?

    Thanks GM,

    Wonder what I will be able to salvage off of this? The trannies? Could they put to use in a project?



    -chris

  6. #6
    Inactive Member selmerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2003
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A boat anchor, or what did I buy here?

    I can't see GM's schematic but it looks like a PS using a pair of 5U4's? That is some pretty nice iron between the PT and the Choke, so yes you could probably build a nice project around that. A pair of 5U4's makes for a pretty "sturdy" power supply. Not bad for the money at all.

    Dave
    "When words fail, music speaks" - HC Anderson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.